Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Update

So, we've been home since last Saturday and what a wonderful stay at home it has been! Jill & Anna have gotten to spend so much quality sister time together (hugs & pushing down included). We have gone on a few walks, visited a few parks (Anna suggested Peck Park one day and Jilli said, "No Anna! Dat's a sandy part (park)!"), played in the snow (ice) on Mesa St. in San Pedro, danced around to Christmas music in front of the stage, acted out fairy tales (the same 3) over and over and over (props or no props), read lots of books (Jill's really into Nursery Rhymes right now...she can recite a ton of them all on her own..she read to all 3 of us this morning..it was soooooooooo cute!), put up our fake Christmas tree, attempted to decorate a gingerbread house, and did a mess of chores (that would be the grown-ups). Life is normal again. It's amazing how quickly we all can assimilate. Jill still talks about the hospital every day....especially CiCi (the nurse's aide). Yesterday she said, "The nurses are my fwends." I know she won't be sad when we have to go back, but it sure is getting harder for me to face....maybe it's the Holidays or all that I know we'll be missing while we're there. It's just the most enormous inconvenience I can imagine, and though the end is in sight....we still have so long to travel. We're just so thankful that Jill is HAPPY and (seemingly) amazingly healthy!!!! Anna has had a rough cold since Jill got home, but Jill isn't showing ANY sign of having caught it! She is such a hearty gal. Spunky. Totally spunky. I'd like to share with you some of her little ramblings from the past week:

"You ha pitty hair. I wan tutsit (touch it). Wee-hoo!" (she says this at least 5-6 times a day, maybe because we crack up every time she does)

"When Daddy all done tsainz my bopper, I tum pay wif you."

"You don't weed to me, Mommy. I do it all by mysef."

"Doh away Anna. I don't yike dat."

"I be Dorsee. You be Wicki Wisssss....."

"Don't see me! I will hi (hide) fum you. I doh wun away!"

"Wha you fawit (favorite) tuyuh? I yike bwu. Maybe you tan twy a marter (marker)?"

And my favorite....if you make a comment & don't have your facts straight....

"A---su-yee (actually)....."

We are going to Manhattan Beach tonight for Christmas Carols & Fireworks. It's a tradition. And I'm so glad Jill will get to be there....it will be so much more special to us this year.

We will find out on Monday if we return to the hospital sometime this week (that's my expectation). Will keep you posted.

The Torrance Bone Marrow Drive was a HUGE success.....195 new donors & at least 60 gave blood. I will post more on this later.....but must give TONS of credit to Ann Gerlach who planned & organized the entire event. Many others helped! It was amazing!!!

Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

Sandra Avila said...

There is nothing sweeter than family time during the holidays-no wonder you are reluctant to let go of these wonderful days.

I am so glad for all of you to have this time together.

We think about you everyday.
Merry Christmas!

Sandra Avila said...

I LOVE all the Jilli-ism's.
Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

It is always refreshing to read the blog Chelle, Dad has been saying every now and again - no matter how bad you think you got it, it's still better than having even just a little cancer. Through all of this, it seems that you have all been so touched by God's hand, We think of you everyday, and the campaign Jelly beans for Jilly bean is still going strong (if I can get my jelly bean act together the next check should be in the mail soon!! I hope you have a most blessed Christmas and you know if you need anything just put the word out. We love you and keep up the awesome blogging. Yes, the Jilly-isms are great, they make me smile every time!!
Love,
Jess