Monday, April 7, 2008

Sickies All Around

Here's the update....Jill's fever seems to be under control but still present. They found gram-positive bacteria growing in her blood samples....bacterial infections are to be expected when kids go neutropenic (no white blood cells), hence the raging fever and nausea/diarrhea....and it is good that the bacteria is gram-positive because that means the antibiotics she's on should treat it. So Matt has been with her since Friday night as on Saturday, I started getting a sore throat. I definitely have one now...and a cough...so I will not be going to the hospital until it clears. Matt is taking off the entire week (sin pay....thank you generous donors for making this possible) and I am staying home to rest/recover and (because I can't help it and it needs to be done) cleaning/organizing. Anna will go to school M/W/F this week and to Dina's T/Th (thank you Dina!). If you would like to see Jill (she should be over the really yucky stuff in the next few days) or possibly give Matt a little break (if he'll take one), give him a call at 310-846-7254.

I sent out 2 videos of Jilly recently on Vimeo. If for some reason, you didn't get them or could not view them, let me know. I'm just learning all of this.

No comments: