Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good Day

Well Scooby Doo! Today went smashingly well all in all.....a welcome change from the past week....maybe, just maybe, it was Anna's comment this morning, as she was dutifully getting herself dressed & ready for school (Miss Ultra-Independent...see! Lazy Parenting Pays Off!):

"Mom....if you have a good attitude, you'll have a good day"

This is the mantra I've been reciting since February 4th, our first day back in this place....I've also been pounding it into Anna's head. She must really believe it now! It worked! Okay, so I had a good attitude (and some ephedrine), and low and behold....same crappy circumstances, different effect on my spirit.

JillyBean is excellent....we are getting pretty smooth at our little Siamese Twin dance-around-the-maypole-thing. I say "STOP!", and she usually listens (yesterday's yank of the line as I lifted her out of her highchair, not knowing the line was stuck under it, may have burned in her brain that if you don't stop, you get hurt..we had to replace that dressing a few days early & now I'm very thankful they taught me to loop it before I taped it to her chest). She has a lot of bruises left over from low platelets on Monday....bruises that say, "I'm a toddler and I KNOW how to have FUN." The PT came to work with her today...had her climbing and jumping and riding a tricycle at lightning speed.....really wore her out. She's worn out plenty enough though with all this Benadryl.....one of the antibiotics she has to be on (for the next 7 days) causes an allergic reaction, so 4 times a day, starting at 8:30am (right about the time she wakes up), she's invited to geeeetttttreaaaalllllygrogggggggggy while teased with "Hi guys! Playroom's open!!" and the sound of happy kids in the hallway. "MUST.....PLAY.....GOTTA....do it.....allllllllll rightttttnowwwwwwwww......" Crabby soon follows but that's immediately followed by intense cuddling while sucking the thumb and twirling my hair with her bald little (FUZZY now!) head in the crook of my neck (YUM!), so it's really not that hard to push through.

My friend Rebecca visited yesterday (with homemade enchiladas...to die for) and a ton of hand-me-down princess memorabilia for Jill (she can't sleep without her Cinderella). Guess we're encouraging this princess business (yeah, yeah, Dina, I know). And today, my buddy Jessica, played with Jill for an hour while I ran to Costco (don't pester me about going, I know 10 of you would've picked up all the stuff on my list, but I actually enjoyed it...late night right before they close is the ONLY time I enjoy Costco), then we hung out and talked while Jill slept....loved it!

I need to hit the hay right now so I can be ready for a great day tomorrow. And if you're wondering if I'm bipolar.....do you even need to ask?

No comments: