Saturday, February 9, 2008

My Mom is So Boring!

If you are free of illness (and there's none currently raging in your household) and you are up for keeping up with a crazy kid on chemo (I was telling someone today that I couldn't believe Jill's energy because...and Jill went, "I'm on KEEEEMO!" I died laughing....she kept saying it...."I'm on KEEEEMO! I'm on KEEEEEEEEMO!"), allowing for the fact that she may crash soon (although she's eating more at this stage of the game then she was last time...I think she's trying to prove something here), then, please, by all means, come play! Don't worry, I won't leave you all by yourself, but welcome (as does Jill) the change of scenery. And right now, there ain't none, so peoples got to do. Sept little peoples, cuz they dot too many derms.

I've been imitating Jill's speech a lot lately TO her.

She says, "I donna sigh." I say, "You donna sigh?" She says, "No! I donna SIGH!" I say it again....she gets really mad. "I said 'I donna..." "Cry?" "I said dat, Mom! I said SIGH."

Much thanks to Melissa (beeeeeutiful friend of Jill's, just diagnosed in Jan) who gave Jill lots of fun goodies (both girls love the blanket/backpacks....thanks Teresa!) and visited with her a little today.....she's not feeling so hot, so please, everyone, send her Happy Vibes.......Thanks also to Nika (a 2 and 1/2 yr old buddy, also diagnosed in Jan) who came to visit Jilli after her treatment and gave Jill a Cinderella dolly.....Jill LOVES it. Matt says she didn't put her down all day! We are so impressed with these two families and their strength. It is inspiring.

To our dietician, Shahin who loves Jill to pieces and gave her the CUTEST little outfit the other day.....and nurse Colleen for the Sharpay doll with microphone, that sings "Fabulous"....WOW. How did we get so lucky?????? As hard as this hospital business is, it sure helps that Jill's medical team genuinely care about her so much. Thank you all.

I just have to say, also, that the roommate situation couldn't be better. Christian is SUCH a wonderful human being.....he lit up the first time he saw Jill (he has a 2 year old sister at home, whom he misses terribly & his mom told me today that having Jill around kind of helps to fill that void) and has been her little buddy ever since. I leave the room for a minute, with Jill "safely" locked in her crib and Christian pulls the curtain back so she can see him & tells her not to worry, that he won't leave her side until I get back. He quietly giggles on the other side of the curtain sometimes when she babbles away like a looney, and is soooooooooo respectful of the space we all share. Jill takes a 2 hour nap every afternoon, and although we haven't and wouldn't ever request that our roommates respect that "quiet time", Christian just does. He offers to turn his tv down if he thinks she's ready to sleep and told me the other day, "You guys respect me, so I respect you." I LOVE this kid! Although I want him to go home soon, I really don't want to lose him & his family :( His parents are amazing people. They need our happy thoughts and prayers, too. I will be posting upcoming fundraisers on this site for all of our new friends from Millers. Many will be things like dinner.....if you're going out to eat anyway, might as well give part of that check to a family in need. We are eternally grateful to each and every one of you for all of your support thus far. We trust that if you can help our friends, too, in little ways, you will.

The circle of love just keeps growing.....with every tired limb, a new one sprouts in its place.

So to wrap up (and emphasize the beginning of this post), if you've been staying away because you're sick and now you're not....call me! I miss you! If you've been staying away because I drive you crazy, well, then.....hmmmmm.....I guess that's that. 310-748-4378 (No unsolicited calls yet....guess it's only a matter of time. Oh well, maybe they'll come to the hospital! Sniff, sniff....)

No comments: