Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Round Two

Jill's ANC is 1600 today! Wow, she skyrocketed fast. When you're up, you're up. She is such a hearty girl....never got sick before this....hasn't gotten sick since. They will be admitting her tomorrow night at 8pm (thank you Kristi for taking Anna home with you!!) and she will have another bone marrow biopsy (they think they did the last one too soon, so they want to re-do to make sure they have a good idea of what percentage of her marrow is luekemic) & spinal tap to inject chemo (preventative measure). She will then begin Round 2 of Chemo, this time only 8 days, on Thursday afternoon.

I'm too tired to be creative with this post and tomorrow is a big day for Jill....last day of outside time for a while, so I need to get some sleep! Just wanted you all to know the plan! With Matt being back at work, this month will be difficult...one of us having to get Anna to school by 7am so Matt can be at work by 8, so he can be out by 5, so we can pick Anna up by 5:30. Fortunately, Kristi & Jannah have volunteered to be Anna's caretakers for that overlap time (and every Friday night OVERNIGHT....GOD BLESS the IKEMORI'S!!!!) when we need it & friends Dina & Jim have been, and will continue to "Anna-sit" as they are able & we need it. We don't know how we would do this without these heaven-sent friends.

I have so many people to thank (I've slacked so big time).....will get on that as soon as I am able.

These past 2 weeks have been SUCH an incredible blessing. Our baby is SOLID. She's READY. LET'S DO THIS.

3 comments:

Sandra Avila said...

Keep your sunny sides up. I am so moved by your strength and good cheer. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
Kelly informed me of what is going on. Just wanted to drop you and your family a note that my thoughts and well wishes are with you and Jillian. My marrow's already registered, but I dont think I can give. I can't give blood because I've been out of the country for too long. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
Remember me?....PT from LAUNCH, many moons ago.
Dave
eurpongpan@hotmail.com

Traci said...

Hi Michelle,

It was nice meeting you last night (officially).

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Our good thoughts are always w/ you.