Monday, November 19, 2007

Thank Yous

So much to be thankful for.....
(in no particular order):

Renee's mom Michelle for knitting hats for Jill.

Kristi & Jannah for taking care of Anna each & every time we need her to be taken care of.

The teacher at LAUNCH (I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name) who had her class make Jillian beautiful cards! They are bright & colorful, and brought such a smile to our faces.

The teacher in Florida (whose Mom works with Renee....but I'm not sure which of the 3 Renee's) who had her 1st graders make cards for Jill. Some of them made me cry! I've been meaning to write your class back....I promise I will soon.

Tammy, for organizing a "Tips for Jilli Day" at her hair salon (that brought in an ungodly amount of $$), for making pink & purple ribbons for everyone to wear (Anna says she will wear one every day until Jill is better), to her husband, Aaron, for making a beautiful poster which they put up in the salon....and for all the spectacular people (fellow hairstylists & clients of Tammy & others) who donated & bestowed such kind sentiments upon our family.

Heather for the adorable hand-made hat & shirts, and to Jannah for contributing the white shirts as Heather's "canvas".

Grandma Hunn, for the sweet notes that show up in my mailbox just when I need them the most, and for your "little somethings" in nearly each one. For being there to listen & make me feel so protected & loved every time I call. I LOVE YOU.

Dad, for feverishly organizing the Bone Marrow Drive for Dec 9th. For making the beautiful fliers, and for setting up the Fund. You have Missouri covered. I will not call to tell you she no longer has cancer, so you can stop hoping for that....but I will call to tell you what a difference you've made to her getting better (and to so many others...I know all of your efforts will result in at least one life saved! I KNOW IT!).

Laura, for organizing the Bone Marrow Drive in St. Louis. It was a great success! I was impressed at how quickly you jumped into action & at how, even faced with adversity in other ways, you pulled off this amazing thing for Jill. Thank you also to Nicki, Steph, & Jenny for putting in your time! I wish I could've been there with you.

To Kami, who visited with Jill & I this weekend for a good 3 hours. It was so wonderful to talk with you & glean from your vast experience. Thanks also for the Starbucks treat!

Colleen & her mom, for the Wizard of Oz quilts for the girls! They are so soft & comfy & adorable. We've gotten so many rave reviews on them....Jill is very attached to hers, already (& Anna just carefully informed me that the blanket in Jill's bed, is actually NOT the one Colleen gave to her...."That one is actually MINE, Mom. But Jill can borrow it.") I will send pics of them with their blankets as soon as I can get them to sit still.

Renee, for making us dinner nearly EVERY week since we got Jill's diagnosis. The presentation is impressive, the food is divine, the gifts & homemade cards....icing on the cake! You are such a fantastic person. Your mom must be soooooo proud.

Kate, for 2 wonderful dinners (it's not a competition, so don't go making any more....and don't feel bad for "following" Renee.....I dreamt of your Ziti) and for visiting with us when Jill was home. Your family is LOVELY.

Shana, for some great meals! LOVE your soup!!! And for all the hard work you've done so far helping to organize the Pedro Drive. You are a very special person....one that attracts goodness like a magnet. To know you is to be inspired, to feel so blessed. You will find a cure on your own, I'm nearly positive.

Jim, for putting soooooooooooo much time & energy into not only organizing the Pedro drives & setting up the meetings (once a week for months!!), but for spear-heading (along with all the other Pedro reps...Ally, Shaana, Shana, Ourania, & Rebecca) the Get Swabbed Campaign!! You are another vital person to have in one's corner. Jill LOVES you. We'd love to have a visit again soon :)

Dina, Dina, Dina.....there is no room in this entire blog for everything you've done. I need something--anything--I call you. You have a way of making me feel like it's perfectly natural to ask for help, and to cry & complain, and have no idea which road to take. You are an incredible person. One I'm so very lucky to call my friend!

My cousin Linda, for sending such sweet pictures drawn by her boys, Jack & Justin....and for not letting 10 or so years of no contact at all stop her from hugging me from Idaho!

Aunt Kathy, for jumping on any need she can possibly fill in an instant...for the sweet cards, ice cream money for Anna, family address list, and endless stream of pictures.

Aunt Debbie, for the sweet homemade cards & gifts for the girls. Please thank your friend, Helen, for us too!

Aunts Susie & Annie, for the great gifts (what did you send, again? Ha ha ha ha ha!) and consistent phone calls that cheer me right up!

Beth for getting those addresses for me (thanks to Heather for faxing them!) & Michelle for xeroxing, addressing & mailing out letters!! I will hunt you down & pay you for copies if it's the last thing I do!

Michelle F. for the Trader Joe's gift card! We will use it in no time!

My Speechie Gals for the fun night out at Hermosa Comedy Club. If I would've known you were buying my drinks, I would've gotten coffee.

Sallie, for helping me rent the park for Anna's bday party at a greatly reduced rate. Any chance you'd want to trade residences permanently? We can see the Lighthouse from our balcony!

Pat, for organizing the "Cans for Jill" at LAUNCH. Such an amazing gesture. My LAUNCH family continues to be my home away from home. Every little thing every one of you does, goes right onto the "Reasons Never to Leave California" List. There's no place like LAUNCH. There's no place like LAUNCH.

To Leah, Sandra, Debbie & Ian for becoming Donors this Friday. It was great of you to stop by & see us on the way out. We are so lucky to have you in our lives!

Ally, for organizing a Garage/Bake Sale for Jill. I am impressed at your gusto! Can't wait to be there with all of you!

I have not thanked everyone (of this I am certain). But nothing you do goes unoticed or unappreciated. I will get on official thank you's soon....I promise.

No comments: