Thursday, November 1, 2007

Toys and Dishes

Thank you EVERYONE who has given to Jill & Anna so generously during this past month! The girls have been loving their presents! We would like to request, though, that people not send the following items (simply because we have so many & we don't want your gifts to go to waste):

*Coloring Books/Crayons
*Playdoh
*Stickers
*Stuffed Animals
*Electronic Toys
*Candy (PLEASE no more CANDY!

What she seems to be doing most these days is riding her car (with Wizard of Oz characters riding on back) & playing with little people/props in her dollhouse. She also loves putting on different shoes (although those dress-up shoes with the high heels are dangerous!), painting, playing with playdoh, cutting/gluing, and other crafts (which are set up every day in the arts/crafts room at the hospital). Oh, and playing hide 'n seek (another free activity).

Items that we could use (but are not desperately in need of....just if you really want to get her "something"):

*Knit caps or other cute hats (preferrably pink/purple/blue or other soft colors)...her head is 19" (thanks Heather!! The hat you made is super cute on her!)
*Slippers or other easy on/off shoe (she's a 7)
*I came across some Wizard of Oz Colorforms online before she was diagnosed that I almost bought...I'm sure she would love them
*Colorforms! She has a few sets, but never tires of sticking them on different places in their companion books or on mirrors/windows (this is a great airplane activity, for your own kids, by the way).

Please include gift receipts if you are able to, as if she already has what you send, we can easily exchange it for something else. Again, we are not hurting for toys! These are simply suggestions for those of you who choose to give "fun" stuff. And we thank you.

Now regarding dinners made for us....wow! Have we been eating like KINGS!! We have not had to make a meal, I don't think, since October 2nd!! Amazing. (Now if someone would just pack Anna's lunch for school every day....I'm KIDDING Kristi/Jannah! Don't even think about it!). We love your scrumptious dishes, sweet cards, & impressive presentation! However, we would like to return your dishes (even the re-usable plastic)! If you have delivered a dinner in the past few weeks, would you mind emailing me a description of your containers? Shana, Dina, Renee, I think I know what is yours, but I have lost track of who sent want dish after that....in the future, write your name with a Sharpie on your containers & we will get them back to you.
I would also like to return some toys/books/puzzles that Jill is "finished" with....if you are coming to visit & know you gave me something, send me an email as a "heads up" that I should have your stuff ready. I will find some way to get stuff back to you if I won't be seeing you soon, but can't promise when.

Thanks everyone!

3 comments:

KTR said...

Toys and dishes...shoot...how about a short, bald, slightly plump Midwestern cousin?!?! Well it sounds as though I will be dropping by sooner rather than later. How does December 5 - 13 sound? You don't have much of a choice cause that's just how it's gonna be! I will be taking the place, not role (roll) whatever:~), of Uncle Hunn since he won't be able to make it on those said dates. However, being the dedicated Federal employee I have volunteered to get on da plane instead. Thank you in advance all you tax payers. But I think you'll all agree that this trip is worth it! And if you couldn't have told by the lastest posted pic of me, I am already suited in trunks, towel, and whiteness! No messages for you on my back this time kiddo. Sorry, you can thank Ideal Image for that!!! We'll be talk'in. Love to all my fam!

Anonymous said...

SO glad that she is coming home and feeling well. So many people in St. Louis are praying for you every day. Noah put Jilly on the prayer list in his school's chapel, I didn't even know, his teacher told me. We love you all so much. Keep letting us know what you actually need so we can send useful things! Can't wait til we can see you!
"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something tommorow"
Here's to endless tomorrows...
Love from all the Littons

Anonymous said...

Dear Jillian,
Just wanted to let you know there are eleven little kids in your3rd cousins' sunday school class in Owensville Mo. who will be praying for you every Sunday morning at 10:30am central time until you are all better. Hang in there sweetie, we love you. Your 2nd cousin Cheryl Pierce