Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Now Entering Our Final Lap

So, I spent a good hour typing up a very detailed (and heartfelt) entry on the 13th.....I don't know what happened, but I lost it, hence why you haven't read something from me in awhile. I was pretty frustrated. To REALLY sum up that entry....Matt & I took the girls to Disneyland last Friday. She had a fabulous time, especially meeting the princesses (Snow White was her favorite...they even have a wishing well & a fountain with statues of her & the dwarfs...you can hear her voice from the waterfall, and echoing in the well, like in the movie...that was a big highlight!). She got a "special invitation" along with her sister to visit with Snow White and Jasmine one on one for about 10 minutes...it was so darling. We got great video. She loved the Teacups and Dumbo (we were able to secure a disability pass as she shouldn't be in the middle of big crowds of people, so we never had to wait more than a few minutes for each ride!) and the parade!! It was such a great day. We've been to a lot of parks.....I've really chilled out with this visit home. I guess last time home it was so hard because it had been and was raining so much...we were worried about mold/fungus in the air, and just kind of stayed holed up at home (which drives me nuts). Anyway, so today she actually dug in the sand and buried her feet and hands over and over, and I wasn't worried. Mainly because her WBC count is over 2000. She usually starts chemo again right around 1100, so she's past due. The doctor wants to admit her to the hospital tomorrow night (Wed). She will have 4 doses of chemo, 12 hours apart, then shots in both thighs with another drug, then she can go home (Friday night through the following Wednesday), assuming she is fever-free and we can control the nausea with liquid meds at home. She will be in hospital for her last big stay from April 2nd through the end of the month. My parents are coming out for a week or so right in the middle, following my sister's wedding, which I'm very bummed about not being able to attend :( But it will be great to have their help, and my Dad hasn't seen Jill since she was diagnosed. So, this entry wasn't nearly as "gripping" as perhaps my deleted one was, but thems the facts. I'm off to enjoy a nap at home with my best little buddies. It has been delightful spending all of this fun, focused time at home with my family.....I just so wish Matt could be here more often. Someone has to afford us this million dollar treatment (literally and figuratively speaking).

No comments: