Sunday, October 7, 2007

Little Luna's Big Deal

Today was rough for Jill. She's having a lot of leg pain due to the leukemia cells loving the marrow in her "long bones". It's so hard to see her writhing in pain & there's nothing we can do. Thank God for Morphine. I'm in a bad head space right now, it being 12:15 am & so tired I can't sleep. I'm mad. I'm hurt. I'm in a fog. I'm lonely. But wait....this is not about ME. Ugh. This just f-ing sucks. Jill's watching Dora right now, sucking her thumb & twirling her hair....oh, those curls....I'm going to sooooooooo miss those curls! Ann brought her a Dorothy dress & ruby slippers today. She's asked for them a bunch of times, but I think her feet hurt too much to keep them on. We sing a lot. And her language skills still cease to amaze me. "Tate dis off me, Mommy" "Dora and Boots do to beach" "Montey pit up Tin Man and frow on foor". The other night, when Matt was with Jill, she said "I miss Mommy....Mommy yuv me....I yuv Mommy....Anna at home....Jilly no home". Sigh. She wants to hold my hand right now, so I guess I'm done typing. So disjointed is this entry. Sorry. Didn't realize you were going to get to see inside my soul, huh? (Geez, I just came for the update....).

2 comments:

Karen White said...

I'm hope Jill had an easier time of it today. It is beyond awful that all of you have to go through this, but you will get through it. Feel free to bare your soul anytime, anyplace. We're all here for you!

Lynn Collins said...

Yes...people do read this stuff! My friend Rhonda shared your situation with me and sent your blog and mentioned the donations needed. I was so affected by the blog I read yesterday...very moving. I'm sending a bunch of people I know this info and the blog (I would donate but I'm pregnant, but I've sent out prayers already) in hopes of more donations and prayers. I will continue to pray for you and your family!
Lynn